Are you passionate about the safety and well-being of students, and love the idea of driving a school bus?
Join our team at Streetsboro Schools as a School Bus Driver and play a vital role in transporting students to and from their destinations.
We currently seek experienced individuals to join our team, but training opportunities may be available for the right candidate.
💼 POSITION DETAILS
- Salary Range: $20.08 (Step 0) – $24.30 (Step 7)
- Typical working hours: 6 AM – 8:30 AM, and 2 PM – 4:30 PM
- Bus Drivers qualify for medical insurance immediately!
- Field Trip Rate: 2 Hours Minimum of Hourly Rate, then $18 Layover Rate
- Most of our team members also work in our food services or student aide departments in between…
📋 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Ohio Commercial Driver License (CDL), Class B, with Passenger & School Bus endorsements (Training may be available)
- The equivalent of a high school diploma
- Meets all requirements and qualifications outlined in the Ohio Revised Code
- A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment
- Compliance with the Board’s drug and alcohol policies
🚦 ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Operate District school buses according to rules and regulations
- Conduct inspections to ensure the proper functioning of bus equipment
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information
- Supervise student behavior and report misconduct
- Assist students entering and exiting the bus
- Provide necessary medical or health care to passengers
- Follow predetermined routes and time schedules
- Comply with all traffic laws
- Report instances of suspected child abuse and/or neglect
- Participate in professional growth activities and training
- Adhere to all District policies and procedures
- Perform other assigned functions
👥 PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
- Resolve conflicts and manage discipline effectively
- Communicate information accurately and promptly
- Establish effective communication with staff, students, and parents
- Maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality
- Ability to assist students with mobility devices
- Demonstrate professionalism in communication and interactions
💼 WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physically moving supplies and equipment
- Operating or traveling as a passenger in a motor vehicle
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions and temperature changes
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Flexibility to work beyond regular business hours and on weekends
- Exposure to vapors and cleaning solvents
- Exposure to risk of contact with communicable diseases and blood-borne pathogens
- Interaction with disorderly and potentially hostile students and community members
🌍 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
At Streetsboro Schools, we value diversity and embrace equal-opportunity employment. We offer employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, or disability.
📧 APPLY TODAY
If you are ready to contribute to our students’ education and safety, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the School Bus Driver position. Help us create a positive and secure environment for students’ daily journeys!
DISCLAIMER: This job description outlines the main responsibilities and qualifications required for the School Bus Driver position. The Board may consider additional qualifications for hiring decisions, and the job description is subject to revision in accordance with the needs of the District, as determined by the Board.