You must notify the school district in writing, using this form, or deliver via mail, or in person to the Board Offices at 9000 Kirby Lane, Streetsboro, OH 44241, your request for transportation to a non-public or STEM school each year by May 31st, for the following school year.
You must submit a unique request for each student.
👇 PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING 👇
1. You are making this request to the Board of Education of Streetsboro City Schools.
2. You must include with your request your home address, grade level, target non-public or STEM school, and its address, phone number, and days in service or school year calendar.
3. Your failure to notify us by the above date, each year, does not obligate us to transport your student. If you enroll during the school year, you must still notify us in writing.
4. Once received, the Board of Education will review the request, and may then at its behest, either provide transportation via school bus, or declare transportation to the non-public school impractical for said student(s) based on the following parameters:
– the time and distance required to provide such transportation;
– the number of pupils to be transported;
– the cost of providing transportation in terms of equipment, maintenance, personnel, and administration;
– whether similar or equivalent service is provided to other pupils eligible for transportation;
– whether and to what extent the additional service unavoidably disrupts current transportation schedules; and/or
– whether other reimbursable types of transportation are available.
5. If the Board of Education declares transporting your student impractical, it may offer you payment in lieu of transporting. You have the right to either accept or reject that offer, and may have additional legal rights.
6. It is your responsibility alone as a parent or guardian of a student planning on attending a non-public school or other entity, and you must act on this notice, and must file a request with the Board of Education before May 31, each year, to be considered for transportation for the following school year.
7. IF WE SELECT TO TRANSPORT YOUR STUDENT, YOU MUST FILL OUT / REGISTER & CREATE A PROFILE IN STREETSBORO’S SYSTEM USING FINAL FORMS, LOCATED HERE: https://streetsboro-oh.finalforms.com/
8. If you do not fill out a profile in Final Forms (above), we are unable to route you on any transportation service, regardless of status.
9. In accordance with Ohio Revised Code 3327.01 [ http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3327.01 ] the following stipulations apply:
A board of education shall not be required to transport elementary or high school pupils to and from a nonpublic or community school where such transportation would require more than thirty (30) minutes of direct travel time as measured by school bus from the public school building to which the pupils would be assigned if attending the public school, designated by the district of residence, to the non-public or STEM school during the actual travel window of time (typically 6AM – 8 AM) on a school day.
10. Where it is impractical to transport a pupil by school conveyance, a board of education may offer payment in lieu of providing such transportation in accordance with section 3327.02 of the Revised Code.
11. No transportation of any pupils shall be provided by any board of education to or from any school which in the selection of pupils, faculty members, or employees, practices discrimination against any person on the grounds of race, color, religion, or national origin.
Ready to make a transportation request?
Follow this link to submit your request.
For any other transportation questions, please contact us via email@example.com