Good afternoon and Happy Friday,
The summer sure flew by and here we are back to school! We have welcomed back all of our students except our Preschool and Kindergarten and this has been the smoothest start to the year in my 13 years in Streetsboro.
A huge thank you to all of our amazing teachers, staff members and administrators for being so prepared and ready to go. Also I would like to thank our parents and students for helping to make this such a smooth start. Great things are ahead of us for the 2022-2023 school year.
I would also like to thank our Operations Team, which includes all of our maintenance staff and custodians for the wonderful job they did in beautifying our buildings and grounds. Everything looks amazing; perhaps the best they have to date.
We applaud your hard work and dedication to our school district and the pride you take in a job well done can be seen the moment a person walks onto our campus! If anyone sees a member of our Operations Team, please give them a high-five for a job well done.
My goal each week will be to provide updates to our school community. Know that I will not include building-level events as those updates will come from our building administrators.
Below are just a few reminders as we begin the school year.
- Please make sure you complete ALL of the forms in Final Forms as soon as possible. Also, if you ever have a change to your information (email address, phone, etc.) always go into Final Forms and make the change so our records will be updated. The data from Final Forms is used to update our Student Information System and all-call system on a daily basis.
- TONIGHT, August 19th, the PTA will hold the 11th Annual Tailgate Party in the high school parking lot from 5-7. We hope everyone can join us for some fun which includes lots of food, tables and booths and a performance by our Rockets Marching Band. Stick around after the event to cheer on our Streetsboro Rockets Football Team as they host Girard for the first home game of the season.
- Safety and Security – We take the safety of our students and staff very seriously. There are many protocols in place. All building doors remain locked during the school day. If you plan to visit your child’s school, every guest MUST sign in using a valid ID. You will be issued a name tag prior to entering the building. If you see something or hear something of concern, SAY SOMETHING! It is always better to be safe than sorry.
- If you or your child is sick, STAY HOME. While COVID is still among us, it is important to remember that we all have a duty to protect one another. If you are running a fever or feeling sick, please stay home until you are symptom-free for 24 hours. Additionally, if you don’t feel well, please wear a mask in order to stop the spread of germs. Masks are not mandatory, but highly recommended as we all transition in doors very soon.
- COVID-If you test positive for COVID, you must isolate yourself at home for five days and can return only if you are fever free and your symptoms have improved. You also must wear a mask for five days upon returning.
- If you are a close contact to someone who is positive for COVID you no longer have to wear a mask or quarantine UNLESS symptoms appear.
- If you are positive for COVID, you no longer need to re-test in order to return to your sport.
- We will continue to keep aggressive cleaning protocols in place and encourage frequent hand washing and sanitizing.
Last Spring’s state testing results have arrived and will be sent home with students in the next few days. Please direct any questions regarding these results to your child’s building principal or teacher.
Once again welcome back to what I hope will be the best school year yet! We are excited for as close to a “normal” school year as possible. As we begin to navigate a new school year, please remember we work best when we work together.
If you ever have any questions, please reach out to your child’s teacher or principal to help you find a solution. Have a super weekend and GO ROCKETS!
R. Michael Daulbaugh