🚀 Good evening Rocket Families!
I hope this update finds you and your family in good health and ready for a warm, but rainy weekend. While it looks like warmer weather for the next several days, I am sure “Old Man Winter” hasn’t left us yet!
💉 As you may already know, yesterday marked the first step towards some normalcy as our staff received the first dose of Pfizer COVID Vaccine.
We are hopeful that once our staff receives the second dose, we will soon be able to get back to what we know as “normal” for school.
⏰ Please know that our second vaccine is scheduled to be administered the week prior to Spring Break. Therefore, the entire district will use the following schedule the week of March 15th through the 19th:
- Monday; All students in session (synchronous remote learning students at home).
- Tuesday: All students in session (synchronous remote learning students at home).
- Wednesday: All students in session (synchronous remote learning students at home).
- Thursday: Asynchronous for all students.
- Friday: Asynchronous for all students OR a district wide calamity day. (TBD)
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to get our staff vaccinated. We acknowledge that students learning asynchronously at home is a challenge, but feel having our staff vaccinated can help us get our students back to full-time, in-person learning sooner rather than later.
Additionally, I am happy to report that Mr. Suber and his middle school leadership team have finalized their plan to bring the middle school students back, all in, four days a week. They worked very hard to get creative with schedules and space. The Streetsboro Fire Department, based on their guidelines for building use, have given us their mark of approval.
⏰ Beginning this Monday, March 1st, Streetsboro Middle School will follow the same schedule as the rest of the district. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday; All students in session (synchronous learning students at home).
- Tuesday: All students in session (synchronous learning students at home).
- Wednesday: Asynchronous for all students.
- Thursday: All students in session (synchronous learning students at home).
- Friday: All students in session (synchronous learning students at home).
🙏 A big “Thanks” goes out to Mr. Suber, Ms. Zenker and the entire staff for getting creative and making this happen. Well done!
😷 In closing I would like to point out that our COVID positive numbers for students and staff along with those quarantined has dramatically decreased over the last few weeks (see COVID Dashboard). Currently, we have no staff and only three (3) students who are COVID-19 positive.
This is great news and hopefully a positive sign. Please remain diligent in your safety practices by continuing to wear masks when in public, practicing social distancing and not gathering in large groups.
Optimistically, we are hopeful that an end to this world-wide pandemic is in sight. If we “stay the course” for just a while longer, perhaps this summer and next school year will feel a bit more normal for all of us.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Please stay safe and enjoy your time spent within your “family bubble.”
R. Michael Daulbaugh