Akron Children’s Hospital will be offering COVID-19 vaccines at your child’s school. At this time, only students ages 16 and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer two-dose vaccine. The first vaccination clinic for students of Streetsboro City Schools will begin April 16, 2021.
Here is some important information for you to know:
- Vaccinations are VOLUNTARY. All health information will be kept strictly confidential by the school and Akron Children’s Hospital.
- Student vaccinations will be given during the school day at your child’s school.
- The amount of time a student will be out of class is expected to be 20-30 minutes.
- Vaccinations will be administered by Akron Children’s Hospital nursing staff.
- Students will receive the Pfizer vaccine. This is a two-dose vaccine. The doses are scheduled 3 weeks apart. Please review the attached information sheet from the CDC about the Pfizer vaccine.
- Parents will not be able to accompany their child to the vaccine clinic.
- All physical distancing and COVID safety protocols will be followed.
- Students should wear tops that allow easy access to their shoulder for vaccination.
- Parents are encouraged to visit akronchildrens.org for more information about COVID-19 and frequently asked questions (https://www.akronchildrens.org/pages/2019-Novel-Coronavirus-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html).
If you want your child to receive this vaccine, a completed consent form must be returned to the school clinic by Wednesday, April 14.
Students who do not have a completed consent form will not be scheduled for vaccination.
Fact Sheet for Recipients & Caregivers
Thank you for your continued partnership with Akron Children’s Hospital, School Health Services!