Streetsboro City Schools, in order to continue operating, proposes a 9 mill levy that will generate $4,419,998.00 per year over the next 5 year term in order to fund increasing operational costs. This will be voted on by the general public on May 7th, 2019.
To learn more about the election, visit the Portage County Board of Elections, here.
What is a mill?
- A mill in Streetsboro, OH would collect $491,110 per year for the school district.
Example Millage Collected on a $100K Home
- 1 mill per $100,000 home = $100,000 x 35% = $35,000
- … and so $35,000 x .001= $35.00 per year for 1 mill
Financial Facts for Streetsboro City Schools
- No new operating money since 2010
- FY 17 expenditures exceeded revenue by $24,983.00
- FY 18 expenditures exceeded revenue by $1,110,935.00
- Tangible Personal Property Tax Loss from 2010 – 2022 (estimates)
- $22,598,318.86 (loss in collections since 2010)
- Complete phase out is FY 22 (collect $0)
- Community Schools/Charter Schools Deductions
- FY 2010 to FY 2018 $3,322,535.63
- FY 2018 smallest loss $285,353.83
- Increased enrollment of well more than 200 students since 2010
- Additional staff to accommodate enrollment
Additional Programming added since 2010
- MS STEM Program
- HS STEM Program – four year engineering program
- Drama & Songwriting classes
- Additional AP offerings
- New Electives at the HS
- HS credit for math & foreign language classes taken in MS
- Athletic teams
- Extra Curricular/Clubs grades 4-12 (restored/added new)
- Restored busing
- Busing for all preschool students added 2013 (not required by law)
Additional Mental Health Staff
- 2 Elementary Guidance Counselors
- District Social Worker (Plus ½ time Social Worker paid through a grant)