You must notify the school district in writing, and deliver via certified mail or in person to the Board Offices at 9000 Kirby Lane, Streetsboro, OH 44241, your request for transportation to a non-public school each year by May 31st, for the following school year.
You must include with your request your home address, grade level, target non-public or STEM school, and its address, phone number, and days in service or school year calendar. Your failure to notify us by the above date, each year, does not obligate us to transport your student.
Once received, the Board of Education will review the request, and may then at its behest, either provide transportation via school bus, or declare transportation to the non-public school impractical for said student(s) based on the following parameters:
- the time and distance required to provide such transportation;
- the number of pupils to be transported;
- the cost of providing transportation in terms of equipment, maintenance, personnel, and administration;
- whether similar or equivalent service is provided to other pupils eligible for transportation;
- whether and to what extent the additional service unavoidably disrupts current transportation schedules; and/or
- whether other reimbursable types of transportation are available.
If the Board of Education declares transporting your student impractical, it may offer you payment in lieu of transporting. You have the right to either accept or reject that offer, and may have additional legal rights.
It is your responsibility alone as a parent or guardian of a student planning on attending a non-public school or other entity, and you must act on this notice, and must file a request with the Board of Education before May 31, 2020 to be considered for transportation for the 2020-2021 school year.
A message was sent to all available contacts our school district currently has of students attending non-public schools or other entities on May 6, 2020 at 10:30 AM via email, phone message, and text message.
Last updated: May 14, 2020 at 11:11 am