FACILITY USE REQUEST
Thank you for your interest in our Facilities. Our buildings are valuable community assets and many civic and community groups use them for meetings and events. We are glad to accommodate these groups whenever we can.
If you would like information about which space might be the most suitable for your use, or have other questions, please contact the Operations Department at 330-626-4900, ext. 1400.
BOARD POLICY 9.37
Please review the Board adopted policy on community use of school facilities.
There are likely rental fees that will apply to your request. Please be aware of this before booking, as you will be invoiced once your request has been approved.
Depending on your group’s classification, various Board approved rates apply. Rates are typically on a per hour basis, depending on location selected. If your group does not submit payment for rental, you may be blocked from scheduling events in the future.
FACILITY USE GUIDELINES
- School groups and programs are given priority usage of all District facilities. The building principal or other designated district personnel reserves the right to cancel any permits for school use, should a conflict with school groups or programs develop.
- Applications will not be processed without all completed information, including the certificate of insurance. The School District requires all non-school groups (except when these groups are requesting space for routine meetings) to furnish a Certificate of Insurance ($1,000,000 minimum liability coverage) that lists the Streetsboro City School District as “Additional Insured.”
- Users will be billed after the event in accordance with the schedule of usage fee or rental charges. In addition to the facility rental fees, renters may also pay fees for custodial, cafeteria, and light/sound technician services and other fees associated with the rental. All checks should be made payable to the Streetsboro City School District. Do not pay the staff member directly.
- The group using school facilities is responsible for providing adequate supervision of the activity. The user is not permitted to enter into any area other than those areas identified in the reservation. Organizations and groups using school facilities must designate one adult member of its group to be in charge of and responsible for the program or activity at the time application for use of the facilities is made.
- The Streetsboro City School District reserves the right to request an organization to arrange for security protection, activity personnel and/or traffic supervision. Such requests will be at the discretion of Administration and at the expense of the lessee. All personnel shall be those who have been approved by the Streetsboro City School District Board of Education.
- Smoking, use of tobacco products and/or illegal drugs and alcohol is prohibited on all school property (indoor or outdoor). If this provision is violated, the renting organization will be denied the privilege of any further rental.
- On days when school is cancelled or dismissed early because of unexpected circumstances (i.e. severe weather), all activities are cancelled.
- No organized groups are permitted to use the School District’s athletic fields or indoor facilities without prior approval.
- Only Streetsboro City School District teams may use Rocket Stadium and High School Gymnasiums for practice sessions, unless special permission is granted by the High School Principal or designee.